Wednesday 15 June 2016

How I sell my photographs on Crated.com

The Beauty of the Print-on-Demand Fine Art site - Crated.com for Photographers

So when I was exploring the internet and trying to find new ways to sell my photographs on the internet I came across a great site called crated.com that allows me to sell my photograph images online. Having explored the site I discovered that uploading and selling my art is very straightforward.

As I have heard this site really specializes in photograph, as opposed to Redbubble that deals primarily in illustration or visual art. Even Saatchi art really only deals with true art – so having found a site that can help me sell my photographs I was happy to sign up!

The format of the site is very straightforward, you just create an account and add a few personal details and then you can start uploading your art. The site at crated.com only allows you to add 5 pieces of art at a time, but this is fairly straightforward. All you have to do then is select a gallery (I always add my gallery types before uploading) then choose you art style i.e. photography, black and white, abstract, landscape etc.

The site offers an 80% commission on your marked up price.
To understand this you have to factor in the base price – so Crated.com produces your art at cost. The mark-up above this production cost is your cut – 80% going to you and 30% going to the site.

So base cost to produce your art (framed, canvas, posted style etc.) is $50, your mark up is 50% = $100

If you art sells then you take 80% of the Mark up:

·         $40 dollars you get
·         $10 dollars Crafted Makes
·         $50 dollars is the production cost

You do have the option of creating a mark up range from 0% (why?) all the way up to 300% if you want. I have personally chosen to put my art out for sale at 70% mark-up as this seems a feasible price, considering the amount of time I put in to creating my photographic images.

The crated.com site has a great feature in that you can search and favorite other artists, therefore promoting their art in your “Collections” and increasing your exposure in the art marketplace. In return if they reciprocate and follow you and add your art to their collections you art gains a greater audience! Suck up all the followers – does this help promote your art? Not sure to be honest – does it help Google I have no idea?? But I like to pretend I am well liked :)

To support this each art piece on the site whether it be traditional canvas, acrylic, or poster can gain a following by comments and being added to collections.

One of the greatest things I like about this site is how they make such professional prints from my photographs for example.

Framed prints to buy from crated.com includes the following three choices:

  • Black wood Frame
  • White Wood Frame
  • Espresso Wood Frame

After each of these frame selections you have the choice to choose from various Matts if required to give your photograph the greatest aesthetic appeal when it is hanging from your wall.

Canvas Print frames at crated.com offer:
0.75” Deep canvas wrap
1.5” Deep canvas wrap
Black wood frame
White wood frame

If you want to see my collected fine art on crated.com click here

I am a Crated artist.

https://crated.com/johndwilliamsphotography

Feel free to join the site as it really offers much more than other sites like Fine Art America and has a great design.

I will update this blog post as and when I have new updates to report on how my art is selling on the crafted.com website.

Who Keeps Collecting My Art Photographs?
One of the interesting aspects of the site is that other artists can “Collect” your work. Essentially this is a ”Like” status that then adds the art work, photo, or image to your favourites (by clicking a hear icon on the image). This art then gets displayed in your Collection that outside visitors can view. Think of it as promoting other artists, and they promote you.


#photography, #photooftheday, #art, #photo, #wallart, #fineart, #interiordesign, #streetphotography, #travel, #urban, #monochrome, #abstract,#buildings, #TagsForLikes, #city, #architecture, #canvasprint, #forsale, #homedecor, #framedprint, #canvas, #print, #greetingcards, #posterprint, #poster, #prints, #printing, #phonecase, #iphone, #samsung, #iphone6, #case, #shopping, #crated
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sell your Photos on Shutterstock!